Monday, October 5, 2009

Quick, Healthy Meal

Cooking is not my calling. Plus, I'm a military wife, and that means, even when my husband is in town, I rarely know what time he might get home. So, it's important for me to have meals on hand that I can put together in a matter of minutes.

This recipe is as simple as it gets. It's healthy, and the ingredients can be found at your local Commissary, or grocery store.

Ingredients:

One 18.8 oz can of Campbell's Chunky Healthy Request Chicken Corn Chowder
One 8.5 oz bag of Kashi Original 7 Whole Grain Pilaf

Directions:

Cook the Kashi Pilaf in the microwave, according to instructions on bag. Add it to the soup in a saucepan and heat it according to instructions on soup can.

Result:

It makes a nice stew and serves 3-4 for lunch or dinner. Add a vegetable or two as side dishes to make a full meal. The whole process takes about 5-7 minutes!

1 comment:

  1. I love quick meals (especially when they're healthy!) and this looks great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations